I made a promise to myself when beginning this whole blogging thing that I would always be transparent.
If I’m doing a sponsored post (which I haven’t yet) I want you to know.
If I have news that is happy, sad, scary, exciting, frustrating, or whatever the case may be I want to be honest.
I don’t want this to be a highlight reel.
We see enough of that on Instagram, and I want this to be a place of reality and truth.
That being said, I was having a hard time finding something to write about this week, because I didn’t feel I had much going on to talk about.
I thought of doing another Valentine’s Day related post or sharing some of my favorite bloggers with you all, but it just didn’t seem right to try covering up what I’m doing with a post like that.
If you know me personally, you know I am a planner. I’m late to everything and I’m flexible so I almost always end up changing my plans, but at the end of the day I like to have a plan ready.
That’s not easy to do when Naz and I live a life that must be taken day by day.
At any moment he could get a call that could send us moving to the other side of the country.
I thought as soon as I graduated college and got my wisdom teeth out I would be shipping out to Salt Lake to join him before starting my job on the first of February.
In came Calli.
I Love her with all my heart but my gosh it’s hard to plan a move cross country with a pup.
She has to go in the cargo area because of her size meaning we had to find the best airline for that with availability on days that worked with Naz’s crazy schedule.
As if that isn’t already difficult and stressful enough, she had to get all of her puppy shots because we couldn’t determine whether or not she had them yet.
Then she got an eye infection.
Then the vet determined she hasn’t been spayed (since she’s about 9 months old that needs to happen asap.)
Then Naz got pulled up on a 10-day contract with the Jazz, which changed his entire schedule. (So exciting though, yay!!!)
Then my boss informed me that the full-time position I was supposed to fill with the company I interned with was not going to be available anymore, and that they were only going to be able to keep me on part-time.
Naz’s season ends in March, so we may have to move again shortly depending on his summer plans.
(I’m feeling a bit anxious even trying to figure out how to list all of the complications we’ve faced lol)
Now, don’t get me wrong I am very grateful for some of these complications.
Naz’s contract was some VERY exciting news, and I couldn’t be happier to have a pup by my side everyday!
It just makes the whole moving process a little more difficult, haha.
Anyway, so now I’m sitting at home trying to find a full-time, remote job while trying to plan ahead for things that may change within the hour.
Are you stressed yet from listening to my stress? Lol
I’ve finally reached a point where I’m so exhausted from talking with my mom every single day about every possible scenario that could potentially arise that I’m just going to take things day by day.
Naz tells me I should do this everyday so he was thrilled to hear I was finally taking his advice, haha. Thanks babe (:
I’m SO excited to finally have a flight booked and a plan to forge ahead!
I will be leaving for Salt Lake on February 25th, and will be doing some freelance design until I find something full-time and remote.
As for Calli, we haven’t booked her ticket, but we’re hoping/planning on having her come with me!
We’re just waiting a bit to see if we find any more info closer to the 25th about where we may be headed.
We might end up having my parents watch her until we get to where we will be for the summer if we move.
So many what if’s, haha.
For now, that’s about all we can plan for.
And I’m okay with that.
For the time being, I’ll be designing some fun stuff, applying and interviewing for full-time jobs, missing Naz, and Loving my sweet Calli girl.
And brainstorming blog ideas!
Thank you for reading, contributing, and supporting our crazy, chaotic life lol.
Until next week,